Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken.~Oscar Wilde
Hi, I’m Lisa Silver. I was born in 1962 and had a normal, safe, loving childhood. Then I got older and had quite the adventure of ups and downs for decades. My life is finally settled now: Mother of one grown and married son, one 4-legged daughter and wife to my forever husband. We live in central Florida.
Learn about my ‘why’ and how long it took to begin a journey started hundreds of times. Just know anything is possible if you just begin and keep moving forward each day to achieve the goal. It is my hope you can learn with me on this journey.
Throughout my life, I’ve started and stopped way too many times. But I’ve come to the conclusion that momentary failures don’t need to stop my progression…progression in health and fitness, progression in financial stability, and progression in building better relationships.
Creating My Why
- I asked myself why I wanted and am committed to this fitness and financial journey: To become as fit as possible and have mental health and clarity, to be able to live a financially free life
- Then I asked why again: To feel better, to look better, and live a longer life, to be able to share my wealth with others.
- Again I ask why: To shed depression, to be productive in life, and to honor God for this body and the ability to help others.
- Finally, I asked how I was going to accomplish these: Eliminate alcohol, eat more greens and whole food plant based, daily physical exercise (walking, strength-training, stretching and yoga), prayer and meditation and create a way to build the bank account online.
I feel mentally and spiritually ready to begin.
Here are my life goals in general:
- Physical: Bikini Fit
- Relational: Build closer ties with family and friends
- Financial: Build my personal income (bikini fit bank account)
The how for the physical is the easiest. I have a yearly membership to Beach Body on Demand, which is awesome, but I’ve been watching a mentor of mine, Kim Constable, for quite some time. She is the best role model for becoming Bikini Fit. My intention is to model her behaviors to find success.
The how for relational is a bit harder. I’ve never been good at the verbal communication thing, so I’ll be fine-tuning this area over the next months. However, I will be eliminating any negative talk or judgments. I will be more inviting to friends and family. I will make new friends every month.
The hardest of all to achieve is the financial. But I do have steps that will be put in place to that end that I’ll share when momentum kicks in. As well, I’ve begun and education program that will enhance my ability to learn all I need to help myself.
This journey has been a decade in the making and this blog is to keep me accountable. I know there is nothing that can’t be achieved if the mind and heart is all in. I know there will be days of struggling to stay focused, but no longer will I give up. I ain’t getting any younger and in the words of my beloved father, “Getting old ain’t for sissies!” It is time to step up my game to see some major successful gains in the rest of my life on this rock. My true self, that whom I know is waiting to emerge, is soon in the making. Along the way, I hope I can help you to find your true self!
I haven’t blogged in a very long time so bear with me. It’ll get better! I’m going to get creative, but not sure what exactly that means yet. There will be mostly journal type entries in the beginning. Then after awhile more videos and how-to’s. Who knows what surprises there will be for you, and ME, in the next year and beyond!
(This page has been edited on 5/28/21 to adjust for the 2020 fiasco and my back-sliding. I was in quite a depression that by God’s grace sees me on the brighter side. Back to the journey!)